Welcome to our Website
We meet weekly on Thursdays and are currently alternating one week face to face with a meal at Mapperley Golf Club, the following week on Zoom. Guests are more than welcome. If you would like to join us any Thursday evening please email via our Contact page.
Carlton Rotary Club is based in the Carlton area of Greater Nottingham, in the Borough of Gedling.
We are a part of Rotary International, which is the world’s largest service organisation.
The Club members include men and women from all walks of life. The projects we get involved in are incredibly fulfilling, worthwhile and rewarding – and there’s plenty of fun involved too. Our fundraising enables us to support many local organisations and accommodate requests from the local community. Requests can be made via here: Contact us
Over the last few years the St John’s Canoe Club have given Carlton Rotary the funds raised from their annual 4 Counties Canoe Race to be distributed to those in need in the local community. https://stjohnscanoeclub.co.uk/
Funds given in 2022:
- We provided and fitted connections needed to link a large TV screen to games consoles at the Loco Centre in Netherfield for youth activities
- A donation of £250 was given towards a trip for a group of Adult Carers
- In response to the Ukraine crisis, we donated two Shelterboxes @ £385
- We provided £50 worth of seeds for families in Albania to grow their own vegetables
- Our Quiz in March generated £400 for Maggie’s Cancer Support Centre at Nottingham City Hospital
- We donated to the British Heart Foundation at the request of one of our speakers in lieu of a fee
- We donated to Derbyshire charity, Aquabox to support their humanitarian remit of sending water filters to disaster areas around the world
- We helped a local young gymnast with her fees for entry into National Competitions
- £313 from the sale of our Christmas Cards was given to the Friends of Gedling Country Park at our meeting on 27 January.
Funds given in 2021:
- We donated Christmas presents to the YMCA, helped the Samaritans and Childline, and gave food vouchers to local families in need.
- We supported the Rotary Kids Out toybox appeal so children in local refuges in NG4 received Christmas presents.
- We donated to the DG’s project – Empowering Girls in India – to give a girl in her last 3 years of education a sewing machine and the training in tailoring. See: DG Martyn Empowering Girls Project
- We were pleased to support Mercy Ships for their outstanding work See: https://www.mercyships.org.uk/
- We donated to Kids Against Plastic – https://www.kidsagainstplastic.co.uk/ following Amy’s great presentation in September
- We donated to the Gedling Memorial Woodland Project following a talk from the Carlton Hill Community Action Group
- We raised sponsorship for blind runner, Nick Thorley, who came to talk to us in August in his endeavour to run a 120 mile ultra marathon for the peace building charity CorD.
- We gave a donation to the Refugee Youth Group in Nottingham following a talk by Pat Fenton in July.
- £250 from the sale of our 2021 Calendars was given to the Friends of Gedling Country Park at our meeting on 25th February.
- A District Grant of £250 enabled us to double that to give £500 to the WeRHere charity based in Arnold to develop a resource to offer their extremely successful self-esteem building course. They plan to resource families with individual craft activities and then engage with family groups using Zoom.
Some of the recipients of our funds in 2020 were:
Nottingham Hospitals Charity
Sharewear, Daybrook https://sharewearclothingscheme.org/
East Midlands Young Carers
Giving for Gedling
Mercy Ships https://www.mercyships.org.uk/
Rotary4Foodbanks through which we supported St George’s Centre, Netherfield alongside Bethesda Foodbank and St Paul’s Church, Carlton alongside Carlton Foodbank
Hope Community Village, India. https://hopekerala.org/
“Kids Out” Christmas Toy Boxes https://www.kidsout.org.uk/forms/rotary-christmas-box/
WeRHere, Arnold supporting families in need https://werhere.org.uk/
AquaBox, a Rotary charity based in Wirksworth, who respond to disasters around the world with supply of water filters. https://www.aquabox.org/
Carlton Digby School
Christmas Vouchers via local schools