Welcome to our Website
We meet weekly on Thursdays and are currently alternating one week face to face with a meal at Mapperley Golf Club, the following week on Zoom. Guests are more than welcome. If you would like to join us any Thursday evening please email via our Contact page.
Carlton Rotary Club is based in the Carlton area of Greater Nottingham, in the Borough of Gedling.
We are a part of Rotary International, which is the world’s largest service organisation.
The Club members include men and women from all walks of life. The projects we get involved in are incredibly fulfilling, worthwhile and rewarding – and there’s plenty of fun involved too. Our fundraising enables us to support many local organisations and accommodate requests from the local community. Requests can be made via here: Contact us
Over the last few years the St John’s Canoe Club have given Carlton Rotary the funds raised from their annual 4 Counties Canoe Race to be distributed to those in need in the local community. https://stjohnscanoeclub.co.uk/
Funds given so far in 2021:
- We donated to the DG’s project – Empowering Girls in India – to give a girl in her last 3 years of education a sewing machine and the training in tailoring. See: DG Martyn Empowering Girls Project
- We were pleased to support Mercy Ships for their outstanding work See: https://www.mercyships.org.uk/
- We donated to Kids Against Plastic – https://www.kidsagainstplastic.co.uk/ following Amy’s great presentation in September
- We donated to the Gedling Memorial Woodland Project following a talk from the Carlton Hill Community Action Group
- We raised sponsorship for blind runner, Nick Thorley, who came to talk to us in August in his endeavour to run a 120 mile ultra marathon for the peace building charity CorD.
- We gave a donation to the Refugee Youth Group in Nottingham following a talk by Pat Fenton in July.
- £250 from the sale of our 2021 Calendars was given to the Friends of Gedling Country Park at our meeting on 25th February.
- A District Grant of £250 enabled us to double that to give £500 to the WeRHere charity based in Arnold to develop a resource to offer their extremely successful self-esteem building course. They plan to resource families with individual craft activities and then engage with family groups using Zoom.
Some of the recipients of our funds in 2020 were:
Nottingham Hospitals Charity
Sharewear, Daybrook https://sharewearclothingscheme.org/
East Midlands Young Carers
Giving for Gedling
Mercy Ships https://www.mercyships.org.uk/
Rotary4Foodbanks through which we supported St George’s Centre, Netherfield alongside Bethesda Foodbank and St Paul’s Church, Carlton alongside Carlton Foodbank
Hope Community Village, India. https://hopekerala.org/
“Kids Out” Christmas Toy Boxes https://www.kidsout.org.uk/forms/rotary-christmas-box/
WeRHere, Arnold supporting families in need https://werhere.org.uk/
AquaBox, a Rotary charity based in Wirksworth, who respond to disasters around the world with supply of water filters. https://www.aquabox.org/
Carlton Digby School
Christmas Vouchers via local schools